Listen here, or click on the image.
A calling card for UN, a hybrid collective somehow led by Anselmo Canha, Heitor Alvelos and José Maria Lopes. Its claimed mission is the reversal of all things deserving of reversal: literally, metaphorically and magically. Watch out for the greatest hits of all time sung backwards some time in the near future — a homage to long-held myths of satanic backmasking from the golden age of vinyl.
The Geometry of an Abyss is a mash-up of various sources developed by UN between 2003-2010:
- Field recordings of occasional traffic in downtown Porto at 3AM, 2003.
- The Monkey and the Guitar do BlackNoddy, 2006.
- Field recordings @ CCStop: dozens of rock bands rehearse in a bankrupt shopping mall, their sounds echoing and mashing through the deserted corridors, 2007.
- A shredded orchestra of 10 harmonicas, Awarehouse of Why, Aveiro, October 2007. Conducted by Len Massey and HA.
- Live Tunisian horn and American trumpet improvs over the phone to the UK, December 2007.
- JML and AC untune an acoustic guitar by a river bank in Orbacém, Northern Portugal, late Summer 2008. HA provides water percussion in the distance.
- Silvestrov karaoke on a Sunday morning, late Summer 2009.
- Solo late-night electric guitar solos, December 2009.
Munched and spit out against the clock by HA, December 2010. Properly reconstructed and mastered by AC a few days later. More un at unwww.org